Butterbean and Tomato Bruschetta
This brilliantly quick and healthy Butterbean and Tomato Bruschetta is a perfect way to get fresh and healthy ingredients in to your diet. Use it as part of a salad on a bed of green leaves or as topping for Sourdough toast or a sandwich filling. Enjoy the vibrant colours and Mediterranean flavours; a great reminder of summer. It’s a great one to prep ahead and keep in the fridge, making it easy to put together a quick and healthy lunch when you’re pressed for time.
Making this delicious Butterbean and Tomato Bruschetta, you’ll need:
Serves 2 or 3
- 1 tin of Butterbeans; well rinsed and drained
- 1 small Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 small Red Pepper, finely diced
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes or 1 large Tomato, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh (or 1 tsp dried) Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil to drizzle
- Chilli flakes for garnish (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add the butterbeans to a bowl and break them up using a potato masher or the back of a fork.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well to combine.
Serve drizzled with olive oil and chilli flakes (if using)
- Add a sprinkle of Smoked Paprika for a more smokey flavour
- Add in a finely chopped red chilli for a fiery kick
- You can add in a very small clove of crushed fresh garlic, but be careful as it;s raw, the flavour will be intense
We hear often that the Mediterranean Diet is the one to follow but what are the foundations to this finding and what does this actually mean you should eat? READ MORE