Butterbean and Tomato Bruschetta
This brilliantly quick and healthy Butterbean and Tomato Bruschetta is a perfect way to get fresh and healthy ingredients in to your diet. Use it as part of a salad on a bed of green leaves or as topping for Sourdough toast or a sandwich filling. Enjoy the vibrant colours and Mediterranean flavours; a great reminder of summer. It’s a great one to prep ahead and keep in the fridge, making it easy to put together a quick and healthy lunch when you’re pressed for time.
Making this delicious Butterbean and Tomato Bruschetta, you’ll need:
- 1 tin of Butterbeans; well rinsed and drained
- 1 small Red Onion finely diced
- 1 small Red Pepper finely diced
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes or 1 large Tomato finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon or more to taste
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh or 1 tsp dried Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil to drizzle
- Chilli flakes for garnish optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add the butterbeans to a bowl and break them up using a potato masher or the back of a fork.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well to combine.
Serve drizzled with olive oil and chilli flakes (if using)
Add a sprinkle of Smoked Paprika for a more smokey flavour
Add in a finely chopped red chilli for a fiery kick
You can add in a very small clove of crushed fresh garlic, but be careful as it;s raw, the flavour will be intense