Pancakes are no longer a once a year treat and nor should they be! Made with the right ingredients, and with nutritious toppings, pancakes can easily be transformed into a delicious and healthy choice. You’ll love these healthy oat pancakes plus they’re actually more simple than you may think to prepare and cook!
Super Simple Healthy Oat Pancakes
Here's one of the simplest and healthy pancake recipes! I've used an oat flour rather than wheat flour and used bananas as a nutritious sweetener.
- 2 medium Bananas mashed
- 2 medium Eggs preferably organic
- 1/2 cup Oats GF or normal
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder GF or normal
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch Salt
- Loosely beat the eggs
- Combine with the mashed bananas
- Add the oats, baking powder, vanilla and salt and mix well
- Lightly grease a frying pan; when hot add a dollop of mixture and allow to cook for a minute or so until browned. Turn with a spatula and lightly brown the other side
- Top with your chosen topping - see below
My favourite toppings:
- A spoonful of nut butter and a sprinkle of coconut; desiccated or shreds
- Fresh fruits or defrosted berries with a dollop of Greek yoghurt
- A drizzle of Maple/Agave syrup with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and zested lemon rind
- A tablespoon of crunchy raw cacao nibs with a dash of maple/agave syrup and dusted with a little raw cacao powder
- A dollop of Greek yoghurt, sprinkled with plenty of cinnamon and flaked almonds
- Grated/chopped apple with a tablespoon of raisins and a dollop of Greek yoghurt
Want another pancake recipe?
Try these delicious Protein Boost Buckwheat Pancakes